Work the World is an international educational travel organisation that specialises in arranging short-term placements for healthcare students in Africa, Asia and South America. As a dynamic and fast-paced organisation, there is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Events Executive to join the team.
Based in our head office in Brighton, the successful candidate will be tasked with generating sales leads by delivering university presentations, liaising with student societies, and increasing the number of returning student ‘Ambassadors’. The ability to build and develop relationships at all professional levels is key. A desire and enthusiasm to learn is also essential.
Although the position is predominately based in the UK head office in Brighton, there will be certain periods of the year where extensive travel within the UK to university events will require some overnight stays and/or evening and weekend work.
- Representing the company at university events across the UK by delivering presentations to student groups
- Manage the UK events calendar, securing presentations at existing university partners, in addition to sourcing new event opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with university student societies to increase event opportunities, brand awareness and growth of Work the World in the UK
- Providing cover, when required, for the UK sales team which includes contacting new and existing enquiries and responding to all incoming phone and email sales enquiries
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Marketing Team in the UK, Australia, USA and The Netherlands to develop sales strategies in line with company objectives
- Demonstrable presentation/public speaking
- Telephone sales experience and excellent phone manner is essential
- Energetic, focused and results oriented mentality, with the confidence to achieve targets and generate sales leads
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage with people of all ages and at all academic levels
- Work experience in an academic environment ideal
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport
Starting salary: £25,000. There is an additional OTE bonus scheme to earn a further £6,000 on top of the basic salary.
Applications must include a cover letter and full C.V. and should be emailed to the UK Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org