Work the World is an international educational travel organisation that specialises in arranging short-term placements for healthcare students in Africa, Asia and Latin America. As a dynamic and fast-paced organisation, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Assistant to join the team.
Based in our Head Office in Brighton, the successful individual will be driven, proactive and hardworking. Working closely with the Financial Controller, they will take on many of the day-to-day financial and bookkeeping processes. A key requirement for the role is a sound level of knowledge and experience of general bookkeeping practices.
- Processing new customer bookings
- Maintaining sales ledger (within Xero), recording all activity accurately and efficiently
- Maintaining purchase ledger (within Xero), recording all activity accurately and efficiently
- Recording receipts and payments (within Xero) across multiple international bank/credit card accounts
- Manipulating large volumes of data precisely and efficiently for monthly reconciliation and reporting tasks
- Maintaining Bank Feeds (within Xero)
- Calculating and inputting monthly accounting journals (within Xero) eg prepayments, accruals
- Preparing and presenting analysis for the Financial Controller and Directors
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Financial Controller
- Minimum 2yrs experience in similar role
- Must be AAT qualified or similar
- Comprehensive understanding of Xero is essential
- Full understanding of Google Suite applications, specifically Google sheets
- Proactive, driven and focused with a willingness to learn and adapt to new processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Highly organised, maintaining excellent attention to detail
Competitive salary depending on experience
Please email your CV with a covering email, stating your salary expectation to Abbie Wooltorton - firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.