An adult nursing elective abroad puts you right there in the action.
Imagine yourself in a hospital in the developing world, learning how local culture, customs and resource shortages affect how nurses care for patients. You'll quickly learn that the 6Cs are a luxury we take for granted.
You’ll also see local nurses improvising clinical techniques on the spot. And you’ll see patients with conditions you’ve only read about, like malaria and dengue fever.
You'll see big clinical differences...
While you're on the wards you’ll see:
- Families providing bedside care including manual ventilation
- A lack of patient privacy including multiple patients to a bed
- Traditional herbal medicine used in place of modern techniques
- Back-to-basics care like manual intubation (without analgesia)
- A lot of ‘disposable' equipment is sterilised and reused
Here’s one huge ADDED bonus…
Your evenings and weekends are free to do some proper travelling with new friends from the Work the World house.
Here are some once-in-a-lifetime adventures you could check off your bucket list:
- Get up close to wild elephants, lions and giraffes on safari
- Swim with curious sea turtles in warm tropical waters
- Stay up late at legendary paradise beach parties
- Hike (or paraglide!) through the Himalayan Mountains
By the end of this trip you Will:
- Have rare clinical experience that sets you apart from other nurses
- Be much more confident and ready to take on new challenges
- Give your CV the wow-factor to help you land your dream job
- Have a global network you can tap into to boost your nursing career
- Collect a lifetime’s worth of stories to share with your friends
This trip — tailored specifically to you — gives you everything you need to succeed. We are completely confident saying that this trip will teach you what you’re capable of. By the time you get back to the UK, you’ll feel ready for anything.
Here's what we're offering...
This is the kind of trip you only take once, so it needs to be right first time. You need to know you're in experienced hands.
We are the experts in planning, customising, and building adult nursing electives abroad. We were founded in 2005, so we’re the longest-running (most experienced) elective organisation out there.
We’ve created unique electives for 17,000+ students around the world who have independently rated us 4.8 out of 5.
With us you get a one-to-one service that includes:
- A supervised overseas elective in your choice of departments
- Complete preparation process before you go
- Accommodation in a private, catered house
- Language lessons
- A 24/7 in-country team to support you
LET US show you what your personalised elective trip LOOKS like.
We’d love the chance to show you what your own personalised elective trip could look like.
You tell us which destinations and departments you’re interested, and whether you want to travel by yourself or with a group of uni friends (you're welcome to do either). We'll then paint you a picture of what your trip will look like.
All we do is give you the information you need to see if our elective placements are for you. If not, no problem.
Drop your details in the enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
What do our adult nursing electives offer?
A Work the World adult nursing elective abroad gives you the chance to undertake a clinical placement in the developing world. You will spend time in a low-resource hospital and see unfamiliar practices and advanced conditions.
What are the benefits of an adult nursing elective with Work the World?
The benefits of our adult nursing electives include:
- Getting invaluable clinical experience in the field
- Making yourself more attractive to employers
- Building your professional network
- Doing some proper travelling
What countries can I travel to on an adult nursing elective with Work the World?
How long is an adult nursing elective with Work the World?
An adult nursing elective is as long as you want it to be. Our minimum placement duration is one week, but students typically travel on their nursing electives for 4 weeks. There is no upper limit to how long you can travel for.
What is an adult nursing elective?
An adult nursing elective placement is your opportunity to get some real-world experience in a clinical setting. Undertaking your nursing elective placement overseas massively expands the scope of what you'll be able to achieve. It also looks great to employers as it shows your passion for your vocation.