HUE AND BEYOND
- Hue is... “one of the most vibrant cities in Vietnam, and offering adventure around every turn immerses travellers in Southeast Asian culture."
- View the majestic UNESCO Imperial Palace aboard a dragon boat on the Perfume River
- Explore Bach Ma National Park to find natural springs, waterfalls, and a diversity of wildlife
- Head to Halong Bay for picturesque beaches
- Take the train across golden bays and over mountain passes bays for a weekend in the city of Da Nang
TEAM AND ACCOMMODATION
The house you’ll stay at during your trip to Hue is a haven of peace among the relative bustle of the surrounding city. The living environment is spacious and airy, so there’s plenty of room to both socialise and relax depending on your mood.
Your Programme Manager and their assistant oversee the house. Available 24/7, the two of them offer complete support for the duration of your trip. There’s also a housekeeper, a chef cooking you two meals per-day, and a language teacher offering twice weekly lessons.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
You’ll see one side of the Vietnamese healthcare system during your city-based placement. The other, you’ll see if you choose to undertake this additional week in a rural setting with a personal Work the World guide.
In the mornings, you’ll head to the local clinic to learn how local professionals employ resourcefulness to get around a lack of equipment. Your afternoons will be filled with cultural activities that will immerse you in the rural way of life, like learning local traditions through participation, and cooking regional specialties.
Electives in this destination
"My experience in Vietnam was nothing like I expected, but everything I needed."
Kelly Turner, King's College London 2018Read more
"The healthcare in Vietnam is greatly under-resourced. Some things were difficult to observe."
Charlotte Marriage, Kings College London 2018Read more
"The staff in the hospital were keen to involve us in anything that was within our scope of practise."
Lucy Jamieson, Kingston University 2018Read more
"You’ll be awed by the adaptability, perseverance, and hard-work of hospital staff."
Rachel Ch'ng, University of Melbourne 2018Read more
"Travelling by myself was a lot less difficult than I thought it would be."
Celyn Thomas, University of the West of England 2018Read more